And the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Tickets for spring musical – “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” officially go on sale on Thursday, March 13th. Seating is limited, (especially for the 2nd weekend), so purchase your tickets early and often to assure that you won’t get shut out.
Tickets will be sold in the Middle School office on the 2nd floor of building “C”, Monday through Friday from 8:00am – 4:00pm. Prices are $10 for adults and $7 for students. Faculty, staff, and Middle School students, can also acquire their complimentary ticket from Mrs. Wall or Mrs. Skolik in the Middle School office.
“Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” is a musical by Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber. It is being presented by the DC High School Theatre Department for the first time ever, and will be performed in our arena theatre setting the last week in March and the first weekend in April. The show features 33 high school and 40 middle school students, two faculty members and an alumnus.
“Joseph” is the Old Testament story of God’s sustaining hand and faithfulness in the face of trials and evil intentions. The Lord used Joseph’s unjust treatment at the hands of his brothers to ultimately spare the nation of Israel. Psalm 34:19 describes this well, “Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.“
Theatre Director Dean Sellers and Musical Director Tracy Miller decided to choose this show for several reasons. “The music is beautiful and the story is timeless – but unfortunately, the production is often presented in a rather worldly way. We were attracted to the possibility of balancing the inherent fun and colorfulness of the material, with the strong scriptural lessons.”
SPECIAL OFFERS :
1. All high school students are eligible for one complementary ticket to performances on March 28th, 29th, or April 3rd. Limited quantities are available for the April 4th and 5th shows. High school students can get their ticket from Mrs. Green in the high school office.
2. All DC faculty and staff are eligible for one complementary ticket to any performance as long as space is available.
3. 20 special complementary “companion” tickets are available to DC faculty and staff for the Friday, March 28th performance. These are available on first-come-first-serve basis, and only valid for the March 28th show.
4. 50 complementary tickets are available to DC Middle School students for the Friday, March 28th show, on a first-come-first-serve basis. Limit one per student.
5. Dayton Christian Theatre Alumni Reunion. The DC Alumni Council is sponsoring a theatre reunion/reception on Friday, April 4th from 6:00 – 7:15pm. If you were involved in high school theatre (either on or off stage), as an actor, director, choreographer, techie, makeup, costumer, musician, etc., we’d love you to join us for free refreshments, lots of reminiscing, and 50 complimentary tickets to that evenings’ performance of “Joseph”. Bob and Ruth Clements, Cheryl Simms, and Diana Caldwell have already committed to attend.
Hope to see you there!