Dear Homeschool Family,
This year Dayton Christian Homeschool, in partnership with families, will be administering the ACSI Edition of TerraNova 3. This assessment is published by CTB/McGraw-Hill and tests in five areas in addition to a Bible subtest. TerraNova 3 is a technically sound and up-to-date assessment program.
If your student is testing with Mrs. Ann Skolik in the Educational Assessment Office they will be testing by appointment at the campus. The April 10th and April 11th EXCEL days (at Patterson Park Church) are testing days only, no course work will be done at EXCEL during this time. If you student is testing with Mrs. Ann Skolik we will see your student at our May 9th EXCEL Field Day!
Testing for the 2013-14 school year will be held on April 10-11, 2014 at Patterson Park Church (EXCEL).
Testing will begin at 9:00 a.m. and end at 2:00 p.m. both days. Students will proceed directly to their homeroom classes and will NOT meet in the gym on April 10th and 11th.
Here are ways that you can prepare your student for testing:
- Get plenty of rest the week of testing.
- Eat a good breakfast the mornings of testing.
- Encourage your child to relax and do his or her best. This test is just one tool among many to help evaluate your child’s progress.
- Bring a couple of #2 pencils and a good eraser.
- Bring a water bottle.
- Bring a packed lunch both days.
- Dress comfortably and for the weather. There will be a recess (outdoors, weather permitting).
- No calculators please
- We will be offering Chick Fil a meal deals available for $5 purchase per meal. Meal will include bag of chips, bottle of water, and a warm Chick fil a sandwich. The meal MUST be signed up ahead of time to ensure enough food is delivered! Signing up for the Meal Deal is a commitment to pay!
- To sign up for meal deal go to: https://dcsshomeschooltogether.wordpress.com/2014/03/26/place-chick-fil-a-sandwich-order-here-for-testing-days-april-10thapril-11th/
If you desire to learn more please visit about TerraNova3 Testing please see : https://dcsshomeschooltogether.wordpress.com/terranova3-faq/
If you have any questions concerning testing, please contact Susan Ebert, Curriculum Research Coordinator.