Parent Announcements for 9-5-14
Dear DCSS Homeschool Families,
We are so excited to see your sweet kids tomorrow morning and are thankful that the Lord has provided just the right teachers and learning opportunities for your kids this year. The homeschool team has poured hours into preparing for this year’s EXCEL Experience. Please thank our amazing teachers for sharing their talents, hearts and time with your children.
We are deeply committed to making EXCEL days a safe, fun and educationally rich experience for your children. Please carefully read the following announcements as we strive to provide safety and organization for you and your kids.
EXCEL is held at:
Patterson Park Church, located at 3655 Patterson Rd, Beavercreek, OH 45430
TIME: 9:30- 2:15 pm.
Things to know:
- Park on the playground side (east) of the building.
- Morning Assembly starts at 9:30, plan to arrive a few minutes early to allow enough time to find your child’s classes in the FLC (Gym).
- Remember to bring your school supplies (paper, pencils, etc)
- Pack a lunch for your child or order a Chick-Fil-A bag lunch. See the sign-up genius on our blog. Please remind kids not to share food.
- Dress for fun! Uniforms are not required, just clean, modest clothes that are easily washed – they might get dirty. J
- If your child is in PE or Mrs. Tuinstra’s fitness class, they should wear loose clothes and athletic shoes.
- If your child is in a LEGO class, they should come with a LABELED shoebox-size box full of miscellaneous Legos. No sets.
- The Mezzanine will be available for moms to visit once kids are dropped off in the Gym. Please keep your kids who are not in class with you at all times – we want everyone safe!
- Classes end at 2. Since we can’t be 2 places at once, we are moving pick-up to 2:15 to allow enough time for kids to pack up their backpacks and make it to the GYM and line up for pick-up. If this new time creates a problem for you, please see Erin to make other arrangements.
- Kids will be lined up in the Gym in alphabetical order, which means one stop for moms and dads – all your kids will be together in one place. A’s will be closest the stage and then they’ll wrap along the far wall. If you are carpooling, kid’s should line up according to the pick-up parent’s name. Example; If the Johnson’s are taking home the Anderson’s, all those kids should line up with the Johnson’s. If your child is being picked up by someone other than you, please send a note.
If we do not have a completed EMA (Emergency Medical Authorization) on file this year for your child, they WILL NOT be permitted to stay at EXCEL. Please stop by the Information Table to get a copy of a blank EMA, if needed.
We appreciate your grace and patience as we navigate so many “news” this year. If after reviewing your kids’ schedules, you find any errors, we will work as quickly as possible to get kids into the correct place. It is our priority that kids are in the classes they desire, and ultimately they will be, it may just take a bit of extra time and maneuvering. If there are changes that need to be made, there will be a list tomorrow at the information desk where you can write your child’s name, grade, class & period they are currently assigned, and the class/period that you desire them to be assigned. We will make changes during the day until everyone is where they need to be. Please review the attached class lists to determine your kids’ schedule. Thank you in advance for your patience.
My prayer is that your kids will get a good night’s rest, in spite of their excitement, and are ready for a fun day at EXCEL with friends and teachers.
Please feel free to e-mail Erin at firstname.lastname@example.org with any other questions, concerns or suggestions.
Dayton Christian School System
937.291.7241 – office
937.291.7519 – fax