XCHS Spring Musical: Fiddler on the Roof
Dates: April 24 & 25 and May 1 & 2, 2015
Place: XC Auditorium on the Legacy Center Campus
The choice of this wonderful classic is already generating huge enthusiasm among the XC student body, faculty, parents, and community. Known for its wonderful music, dance numbers, and inspiring story and characters, Fiddler on the Roof, is sure to bring entertainment and delight to our four-performance audiences.
Mr. Kettering is encouraging all XC High School and Homeschool students to be a part of this fun, life-changing, team-building musical experience! He needs vocalists for solos and choral numbers, actors/actresses for major and minor characters, extra characters with no-lines, those who can dance and those who can’t, student assistants, stage crew, and “Team Fiddler” members to help with publicity and communication.
AUDITIONS: Please fill out and submit the “Fiddler on the Roof MUSICAL AUDITION FORM” prior to trying out.
Acting Auditions: Monday, Dec. 15, 6:30-8:30pm in XC Auditorium
Tuesday, Dec. 16, 6:30-8:30pm in XC Auditorium
Dance Auditions: Wednesday, Dec. 17, 3:15-5pm in the XC Auditorium Chambers
Vocal Auditions: Thursday, Dec. 18, 6:30-8:30pm in XC Lincoln Building, Room 109 (Mr. Colaner’s Music Room)
POSSIBLE Acting Auditions: Friday, Dec. 19, 6:30-8:30pm in XC Auditorium
IF YOU INTEND TO AUDITION FOR A MAJOR ROLE, PLEASE CHECK OUT AND PICK UP A SCRIPT IN THE XC LIBRARY ON OR AFTER FRIDAY FOR THE PARTS (ROLES) YOU PLAN TO AUDITION FOR. These scripts DO NOT have to be memorized, but students should be very familiar with the lines they will interpret.
VOCAL AUDITIONS: Please follow the following guidelines and bring to auditions a copy of the music you want to sing at auditions. An accompanist will be provided.
- 32 measures of a song from a similar genre (Broadway)
- No song from Fiddler
- 32 measures must contain a beginning, a middle, and an end
- Must be memorized
- Try to showcase your voice!
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING THE VOCAL AUDITIONS, CONTACT Jay Hale at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rehearsals for some characters will begin in January.
- Acting (and some dance and vocal) rehearsals with Mr. Kettering will be scheduled from 6:30-9 on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Rehearsals will be divided by Acts/Scene, only requiring those in the named Acts/Scenes to attend.
- Wednesday after-school rehearsals (3:15-5pm) will be vocals or choreography ONLY.
- Detailed rehearsal information will follow after casting is completed.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, EMAIL email@example.com and visit the Xenia Christian Dramatic Arts facebook page.
Xenia Christian Dramatic Arts Producer/Director
Xenia Christian High School