We are excited about what the Lord has in store at Dayton Christian Homeschool! In 2015-2016, we are launching 2 new EXCEL Extension programs: a Little Sibs Early Learners class and a Junior High Academy. Below you will find information on these two programs and how to register for them. Please be assured that there is currently plenty of room in these classes, but you are encouraged to submit your registrations as soon as possible, as we have had significant interest! As always, you are welcome to call or email the office with any questions.
Little Sibs Early Learners Class
Would you like a fun, enriching class opportunity for your preschooler while your older kids enjoy EXCEL and a little extra break for yourself?
This class, taught by a qualified Christian teacher, will meet each regular EXCEL day and include development in the areas of literacy, mathematics, fine and gross motor skills, health and safety, social skills and more.
To register for this class, the child must be
- The younger sibling of a currently enrolled EXCEL student
- Fully potty-trained
- Between the ages of 3 ½ – 5 years by Sept 1, 2016
- Little Sibs class fees are $250 for the year per child.*
- Registration is $50 (non-refundable, but applied to yearly class fees).
- Pay by cash or check (made out to DCSS) and paid to the Homeschool Office.
Registration is complete and students will be placed in the class or on the waiting list when the following requirements are met.
1) Older Sibling DCSS re-enrollment is complete
2) Required information submitted:
Date of birth:
EXCEL Siblings names:
Best contact e-mail:
3) $50 Registration fee is received. This fee is non-refundable but applies to Annual Little Sibs Class Fees. Pay by cash or check (made out to DCSS) and paid to the Homeschool Office.
Junior High Academy
Does your junior high student need more challenge and accountability?
We are excited to launch a Junior High Academy that will offer biblically-integrated curriculum and instruction in Science, Writing and Literature. The Academy will increase the academic rigor and accountability offered to junior high students in order to better prepare them for high school expectations and standards. It will also extend learning beyond the bi-monthly format to foster additional academic, personal and social growth.
- The Academy is offered to students in grades 7-9.
- Academy students will attend class 4 times per month, twice per month at EXCEL and two other Fridays per month. Academy-only classes will meet at TBD location from 9:30 – 2:30.
- On EXCEL days, students will attend Writing and one Science class, either General Science for grades 7/8, or Physical Science for Grade 8/9, and may choose two other elective classes.
- On Academy-only Fridays, students will attend Writing & Literature and a Science class.
- Only Academy students will be enrolled in Academy Writing and Science classes on EXCEL days.
- Students in grades 7 & 8 may choose to either participate in Academy classes or traditional EXCEL classes. There will be classes offered to 7th and 8th grade students each period at EXCEL, in addition to Academy classes.
- An EXCEL class schedule for an Academy student might look like this: period 1: Worship band, Period 2: Academy Writing, Period 3: Art, Period 4: Academy Science.
- All regular EXCEL day class fees are includes in the Annual tuition.
- Academy fees are $300 for the year.*
- We will notify the Finance office and Academy class fees will appear on your 2015-2016 statement.
- Additional book/supply fees will apply.
To register: Please email Krystal Cox at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
Child’s 2015-2016 grade
Science choice for 2015-2016:
General Science (grades 7/8), or Physical Science (grades 8/9)
*Multi-family child discounts do not apply to class fees.
*Class fees are non-refundable