You still have time to register for the
EXCEL Extension Programs !
We have had a great response to our new EXCEL Extension programs, and we don’t want you to miss this opportunity! This year we are launching 2 new EXCEL Extension programs: a Little Sibs Early Learners class and a Middle School Academy. Below you will find information about these two programs and how to register for them. As always, you are welcome to call or email the office with any questions.
Little Sibs Early Learners Class
Would you like a fun, enriching class opportunity for your preschooler while your older kids enjoy EXCEL and a little extra break for yourself?
This class, taught by a qualified Christian teacher, will meet each regular EXCEL day and include biblically integrated instruction in the areas of literacy, mathematics, fine and gross motor skills, health and safety, social skills and more.
To register for this class, the child must be
- The younger sibling of a currently enrolled EXCEL student
- Fully potty-trained
- Between the ages of 3 ½ – 5 years by Sept 1, 2016
- Little Sibs class fees are $250 for the year per child.*
- Registration is $50 (non-refundable, but applied to yearly class fees).
- Pay by cash or check (made out to DCSS) and paid to the Homeschool Office.
Registration is complete and students will be placed in the class when the following requirements are met.
1) Older Sibling DCSS re-enrollment is complete
2) Required information submitted:
Date of birth:
EXCEL Siblings names:
Best contact e-mail:
3) $50 Registration fee is received. This fee is non-refundable but applies to Annual Little Sibs Class Fees. Pay by cash or check (made out to DCSS) and paid to the Homeschool Office.
Middle School Academy
Does your middle school student need more challenge and accountability?
We are excited to launch a Middle School Academy that will offer biblically-integrated curriculum and instruction in Science, Writing and Literature. The Academy will increase the academic rigor and accountability offered to middle school students in order to better prepare them for high school expectations and standards. It will also extend learning beyond the bi-monthly format to foster additional academic, personal and social growth. I am so thankful that we have two exceptional teachers who will be teaching at EXCEL Academy this year. Heather Collier, who many of you know as an advisor and friend, will be using IEW’s U.S. History Based Lessons Vol. 1: Explorers to the Goldrush, Fix-It: Robin Hood and selected American Literature to teach this class. With the addition of Fix-It , IEW’s grammar program, this course will provide a complete and rigorous year of English instruction. Dr. Jeremy Ervin, Dean at Cedarville’s School of Education in STEM and fellow homeschool dad, will be teaching Science using Apologia’s General Science curriculum. Dr. Ervin has taught all levels of science and is passionate about instilling students with both a love of learning and science. We are so fortunate to have these highly qualified teachers investing in our middle school students!
- The Academy is offered to students in grades 7-8, and 6th graders with Administrative Approval.
- Academy students will attend class 4 times per month, twice per month at EXCEL and two additional Fridays per month. All EXCEL and Academy classes will meet at Patterson Park Church from 9:30 – 2:30.
- On EXCEL days, students will attend Writing and Science class and two other electives of their choosing.
- On Academy-only Fridays, students will attend a morning Writing & Literature class and an afternoon Science class.
- Only Academy students will be enrolled in Academy Writing and Science classes on EXCEL days.
- Students in grades 7 & 8 may choose to either participate in Academy classes or traditional EXCEL classes. There will be classes offered to 7th and 8th grade students each period at EXCEL, in addition to Academy classes.
- A sample EXCEL class schedule for an Academy student might look like this: Period 1: Worship band, Period 2: Academy Writing, Period 3: Academy Science Period 4: Art.
- All regular EXCEL day class fees are includes in the Annual tuition.
- Academy fees are $300 for the year.*
- Academy class fees will appear on your 2015-2016 statement from DCSS Finance Office.
- Additional book/supply fees will apply.
To register: Please email Krystal Cox at email@example.com and include the following information:
Child’s 2015-2016 grade
*Multi-family child discounts do not apply to class fees.
*Class fees are non-refundable