K- 8th grade students
All* Dayton Christian Homeschool students in grades K-8 will be testing on Wednesday & Thursday, April 13 & 14 at Patterson Park Church from 9:30 – 2:15.
Please arrive at 9:20. Testing will begin at 9:30 a.m. and end at 2:15 p.m. both days. Students will meet in the FLC (GYM) and will be seated by grade level, not first period class.
Please do not be anxious about how your child will perform on the test or try to do a quick cram before Wednesday. This is one tool that reflects their learning this year and is not a report card for either of you. Here are some helpful ways that you can prepare your student for testing:
- Get plenty of rest the week of testing.
- Eat a good breakfast the mornings of testing.
- Encourage your child to relax and do his or her best. This test is just one tool among many to help evaluate your child’s progress.
- Bring a couple of #2 pencils and a good eraser.
- Bring a water bottle.
- Pack a couple snacks for breaks.
- Bring a packed lunch both days or order Chick-Fil-A – see below.
- Dress comfortably and for the weather. There will be a recess (outdoors, weather permitting).
- 4 function calculators are allowed for grades 3-8. (Thursday only)
- Chick Fil a meal deals are available both days for $5 purchase. Sign up by April 11, here:
We will be administering the ACSI Edition of the TerraNova 3. This assessment is published by CTB/McGraw-Hill and tests in five areas in addition to a Bible subtest. You will receive your child’s results in the mail by the end of May. If you desire to learn more about TerraNova3 Testing please see: https://dcsshomeschooltogether.wordpress.com/terranova3-faq/
If you have any questions concerning testing, please contact Susan Ebert @ email@example.com
*Students testing with Mrs. Skolik in the Educational Assessment Office will be testing by appointment at DC. Individual testing with Mrs. Skolik will be completed by the end of May. The April 13th & 14th EXCEL testing days (at Patterson Park Church) are testing days only, no classes will be held at EXCEL on those days. If your student is testing with Mrs. Ann Skolik we will see your student at our last EXCEL day, April 22!