There are two camp options this year! Discovering LEGO Robotics is for beginners and Challenge LEGO Robotics is for campers with some robotics experience. Both camps will be led by Xenia Christian teacher Andy Brads and held at Xenia Christian School.
Discovering LEGO Robotics
June 13-17 — 9:15AM to Noon daily
At this 5-day camp, campers entering grades 5-8 will have fun while learning important STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) skills by designing, building, and programming LEGO robots.
Campers will learn the basics of LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 robotics, including:
- designing and building robots.
- using motors and gears to make robots move.
- adding sensors to allow robots to interact with their environment.
- programming the robots using LEGO EV3 software.
Campers will work in teams of two to design, build, and program robots to complete challenges.
This program is ideal for campers who are new to LEGO robotics.
1 week of camp for 1 camper = $140
1 week of camp for a team of 2 campers = $260 ($130 per camper)
July 5-8 — 9:15AM to Noon daily
Campers entering grades 6-9 will build their STEM skills in teams of two by building and programming robots to meet increasingly complex challenges. This camp 4-day camp is great for students who have experience with robotics and are strongly motivated, team-oriented problem solvers.
Campers will use LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 robotics while:
- designing and building robots to meet challenging objectives.
- integrating mathematics into programming.
- using sensors to perform increasingly precise robot movements.
1 week of camp for 1 camper = $125
1 week of camp for a team of 2 campers = $230 ($115 per camper)
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org