It’s time to register for
2016-2017 EXCEL Extension Programs!
In 2016-2017, we are offering 2 EXCEL Extension programs: EXCEL Academy for grades 7 & 8 and Little Sibs Early Learners class. Below you will find information about these two programs and how to register for them.
Please call or email the office with any questions.
For grades 7 & 8
Does your junior high school student need more challenge and accountability?
DC Homeschool EXCEL Academy offers biblically-integrated curriculum and instruction in Science, Writing and Literature to students in grades 7 & 8. EXCEL Academy increases academic rigor and accountability to solidly prepare students for high school expectations and standards. Weekly meetings extend learning to foster additional academic, personal and social growth. Two exceptional, certified teachers will be teaching at EXCEL Academy this year. Heather Collier, whom many of you know as an advisor and friend, will be using IEW’s Middle Ages History Based Lessons, Linguistic Development through Poetry Memorization and selected literature to teach this course that provides a complete and rigorous year of English instruction. Kim Baird will be returning to teach Science using Bob Jones Earth Science curriculum. Mrs. Baird, a veteran homeschool mom, advisor and teacher, is passionate about instilling students with both a love of learning and science. We are so fortunate to have these highly qualified teachers investing in our EXCEL Academy students!
- The Academy is offered to students in grades 7-8
- Academy students will attend class 4 times per month, twice per month at EXCEL and two additional Fridays per month. All EXCEL classes will meet at Patterson Park Church from 9:30 – 2:30. All Academy-only classes meet at Dayton Christian Middle School from 9:30-2.
- On EXCEL days, students will attend Academy English and Science class and choose two other electives.
- On Academy-only Fridays, students will attend English class from 9:30-11:30, and Science class from 12 – 2.
- Only Academy students will be enrolled in Academy English and Science classes on EXCEL days.
- A sample EXCEL class schedule for an Academy student might look like this: Period 1: Worship band, Period 2: Academy Writing, Period 3: Academy Science Period 4: Art.
- EXCEL fees are included in the annual tuition.
- Academy fees are $300 for the year. *
- Academy class fees will appear on your 2016-2017 statement from DCS Finance Office.
- Additional book/supply fees will apply.
To register: Please email Krystal Cox at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
Child’s 2016-2017 grade:
Little Sibs Early Learners Class
Would you like a fun, enriching class for your preschooler while your older kids enjoy EXCEL and a little extra break for yourself?
This class, taught by a qualified Christian teacher, will meet each regular EXCEL day and include biblically integrated instruction in the areas of literacy, mathematics, fine and gross motor skills, health and safety, social skills and more.
To register for this class, the child must be
- The younger sibling of a currently enrolled EXCEL student
- Fully potty-trained
- Between the ages of 3 ½ – 5 years by Sept 1, 2016
- Little Sibs class fees are $250 for the year per child.*
- Registration is $50 (non-refundable, but applied to yearly class fees).
- Pay by cash or check (made out to DCS) and paid to the Homeschool Office.
Registration is complete and students will be placed in the class when the following requirements are met.
1) Older Sibling DCS re-enrollment is complete
2) Required information submitted:
Date of birth:
EXCEL Siblings names:
Best contact e-mail:
3) $50 Registration fee is received. This fee is non-refundable but applies to Annual Little Sibs Class Fees. Pay by cash or check (made out to DCS) and paid to the Homeschool Office.
*Multi-family child discounts do not apply to class fees.
*Class fees are non-refundable