Are you looking to challenge your junior high student?
Check out the
2017-2018 EXCEL Academy
Hybrid Learning- The perfect blend of learning at home & in community
DC Homeschool EXCEL Academy offers biblically-integrated curriculum and instruction in Science, Writing and Literature to students in grades 7 & 8. EXCEL Academy increases academic rigor and accountability to solidly prepare students for high school expectations and standards. Weekly meetings extend learning to foster additional academic, personal and social growth. The English course uses Institute for Excellence in Writing’s History Based Lessons, Linguistic Development through Poetry Memorization and selected literature to provide a complete and rigorous year of English instruction. Apologia’s General Science course is the backbone of the Science course and includes labs, experiments and field trips.
* The Academy is offered to students in grades 7-8
* Academy students will attend class 4 times per month, twice per month at EXCEL and two additional Fridays per month. EXCEL classes will meet at Patterson Park Church from 9:30 – 2:30. All Academy-only classes meet at Dayton Christian School from 9:30-2:30.
* On EXCEL days, students will attend Academy English and Science class and choose two other electives.
* On Academy-only Fridays, students will attend English class from 9:30-11:30, and Science class from 12:30 – 2:30.
*Students will bring a bag lunch or purchase a Chick-Fil-A lunch through DC Homeschool
* Only Academy students will be enrolled in Academy English and Science classes on EXCEL days.
* A sample EXCEL class schedule for an Academy student might look like this: Period 1: Worship band, Period 2: Academy Writing, Period 3: Academy Science Period 4: Art.
EXCEL fees are included in the annual tuition.
Academy fees are $300 for the year.
* Academy class fees will appear on 2017-2018 statement from DCS Finance Office.
* Additional book/supply fees will apply.
For more information or to register: Please email Krystal Cox at email@example.com and provide your child’s name and grade.