Testing for the 2016-17 school year will be held on April 11-12, 2017 at Dayton Christian School at 9391 Washington Church Rd., Miamisburg, OH. We will NOT be at Patterson Park Church this year.
The ACSI edition of the TerraNova3 assessment is published by CTB/DRC (Data Recognition Corp.) and tests in five areas (Language Arts, Reading, Math, Science, Social Studies) in addition to a Bible subtest.
Check-In / Check-Out (during Testing Days)
Please bring your child/children to the Building B entrance door to check in. You may drop off or walk your student to the Auditorium. All students will check into the Auditorium both days of testing. They will walk to the testing room with their teacher. You may pick up your child at 2:15 p.m. from the Auditorium both days. Testing will begin at 9:30 a.m. and end at 2:15 p.m. both days.
Ways to Prepare Your Student for Testing:
- Get plenty of rest the week of testing.
- Eat a good breakfast the mornings of testing.
- Encourage your child to relax and do his or her best. This test is just one tool among many to help evaluate your child’s progress.
- Bring a couple of #2 pencils and a good eraser.
- Bring a water bottle.
- Bring a packed lunch and snacks for both days (or purchase a Chick-fil-A bagged lunch for $5).
- Dress comfortably for the weather. There will be a recess (outdoors, weather permitting). Please bring a jacket or sweatshirt in case of cool classrooms. Uniforms are not required during testing.
- No electronics during testing, please.
- Note: Basic calculators are permitted for grades 3-9 for one portion of the Math test. Your child is not required to use a calculator for the test.
Your child may bring a packed lunch each day or order a lunch for $5. The lunch will consist of a Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich, chips, a sweet treat, and bottled water or Capri Sun. Lunches will be delivered to your child’s room. If you would like to order a lunch, please email your order to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 9th.