Register for the 2017-2018 EXCEL Extension Programs:
Junior High Academy & Little Sibs
Little Sibs Class
Would you like a fun, enriching class opportunity for your preschooler while your older kids enjoy EXCEL and a little extra break for yourself?
This class, taught by a qualified Christian teacher, will meet each regular EXCEL day and include biblically integrated instruction in the areas of literacy, mathematics, fine and gross motor skills, health and safety, social skills and more.
To register for this class, the child must be
- The younger sibling of a currently enrolled EXCEL student
- Fully potty-trained
- Between the ages of 3 ½ – 5 years by Sept 1, 2017
- Little Sibs class fees are $250 for the year per child and will be on 2017-2018 statements from DCS Finance Office.
Registration is complete and students will be placed in the class (or on the waiting list if the class is full) when the following requirements are met.
1) Older Sibling DCS re-enrollment is complete
2) Required information submitted:
Date of birth:
EXCEL Siblings names:
Best contact e-mail:
Are you looking to challenge your junior high student?
Check out the
2017-2018 EXCEL Academy
Hybrid Learning- The perfect blend of learning at home & in community
DC Homeschool EXCEL Academy offers biblically-integrated curriculum and instruction in Science, Writing and Literature to students in grades 7 & 8. EXCEL Academy increases academic rigor and accountability to solidly prepare students for high school expectations and standards. Weekly meetings extend learning to foster additional academic, personal and social growth. The English course uses Institute for Excellence in Writing’s History Based Lessons and selected literature to provide a complete and rigorous year of English instruction. Apologia’s General Science course is the backbone of the Science course and includes labs, experiments and field trips.
- The Academy is offered to students in grades 7-8
- Academy students will attend class approximately 4 times per month, twice per month at EXCEL and two additional Fridays per month. Both EXCEL Academy-only classes meet from 9:30-2:30.
- On EXCEL days, students will attend Academy English and Science class and choose two other electives.
- On Academy-only Fridays, students will attend English class from 9:30-11:30, lunch/recess from 11:30-12:20 and Science class from 12:30 – 2:30.
- Students bring a bag lunch or purchase a Chick-Fil-A lunch through DC Homeschool
- Only Academy students may be enrolled in Academy English and Science classes on EXCEL days.
- A sample EXCEL class schedule for an Academy student might look like this: Period 1: Speech Period 2: Academy Writing Period 3: Academy Science Period 4: Art.
- EXCEL fees are included in the annual tuition
- Academy fees are $300 for the year and will be included on 2017-2018 statements from DCS Finance Office.
- Additional book/supply fees will apply.
To register: Please email Krystal Cox at email@example.com and provide your child’s name.
For more information about these classes, please contact Erin Smith at 291-7241 or firstname.lastname@example.org.