Wednesday, May 10th – Jeans Day, Middle School and Elementary
Wednesday, May 10th – No 4th Grade Electives
Friday, May 12th – No Kindergarten, 5th or 6th Grade Electives
Monday, May 15th – No 3rd Grade Morning PE
Tuesday, May 16th – No 3rd Grade Morning PE
Friday, May 19th – No 3rd, 5th or 6th Grade Electives
Friday, May 19th – Last Day for Kindergarten Electives
Wednesday, May 24th – No 6th -8th Grade Electives; No Elementary Morning Electives
Thursday, May 25th – No Middle School Electives
Friday, May 26th – Last Day of School! No On–Campus Electives
If you are willing to run a station at this year’s field day on May 5th, please sign up! We will need all volunteers to meet at Indian Riffle Park (shelter 2) at 9:15am in order to get instructions for their station and help set up. Your help in making field day a success would be greatly appreciated!
Sign up here! http://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040a45afa92fab9-field1
The yearbook team will not be meeting today at 2:30. If you haven’t signed up to help, but would like to, it’s not too late! Email Erin Smith for more info! email@example.com
Second grade students please bring an empty 8-12 oz disposable water bottle for Science class at EXCEL tomorrow. If anyone has extras in your recycling bins, please bring them in. Thanks!
FRIDAY, MAY 5th is a busy day for DC Homeschool with Field Day & EXCELebration!
When: 10 am – 1pm
Who: Little Sibs through Grade 8 DCH students
Where: Field Day @ Indian Riffle Park Picnic Shelter 2, 2801 Stroop Road in Kettering. Please enter this address, not the park name, into your GPS for directions otherwise you may end up on the backside of the park.
A few more details:
- Pack a picnic lunch for your family
- Games and activities from 10-12, picnic lunch from 12-1.
- Complimentary Snowcones will be provided for all DCH students, additional snowcones may be purchased for parents and younger siblings
- Students should wear their purple DCH t-shirts
- Parent Volunteers will be needed to run the stations – watch the blog for sign-ups!
- Parents are welcome to stay from 10-12 or drop off their child(ren) with their homeroom teacher and return at 12 for lunch.
EXCELebration is EXCEL’s culminating event and an opportunity for your students to show off their accomplishments. Kindergarten and 8th grade graduates will also be recognized at this event. All EXCEL students, little sibs to grade 8, will be performing in this event and have displays to share with family and friends. Please make every effort to attend!
When: Friday, May 5
6 pm – students report to the Cafetorium for practice, Families enjoy art and class displays in room D108
6:45 doors open for seating
7-8 pm – EXCELEBRATION performance in DC Cafetorium
Who : All are invited!
Where: Dayton Christian School Cafetorium
9391 Washington Church Rd, Miamisburg
A few more details:
- Students may wear “church clothes”
- We are endeavoring to have a much shorter program than previous years to accommodate families with young children.
- Sign up here to bring desserts: Desserts for EXCELebration
- During the performance, students will sit in the front rows and on the floor with their homeroom.
Show DC Homeschool spirit and wear DCH purple t-shirts at the final EXCEL on Friday!
Date Correction: This trip is actually Tues. May 9th & Weds. May 10th. Sorry for the miscommunication
Sign up Here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040a45afa92fab9-marmon2
Easter Break is April 14th – 21st.
The Homeschool Office and Library will be closed.
Have a blessed Easter!
Today was a successful first day of testing! The teachers accomplished all they needed to accomplish and the kids even seemed to enjoy being at the school! A few things to remember for tomorrow:
- Get plenty of rest tonight
- Eat a good breakfast tomorrow
- Bring a couple of #2 pencils and a good eraser.
- 3rd-9th graders may use a calculator on one portion of the Math test (parent approved, but not required).
- Dress comfortably (no uniform required). You may want a sweater/sweatshirt for cool classrooms.
- Bring a water bottle and snacks.
- Bring a lunch or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a Chick-fil-A lunch – $5. There is a payment receptacle inside the Building B entrance.
- Please have your children in the Auditorium by 9:30 so we can start on time.
- Use the entrance to Building B (athletic door) to bring your child/children to testing. You may either walk them in or drop them off at the Building B entrance and we’ll point them in the direction of the Auditorium.
- Please pick up your children at 2:15 in the Auditorium
See you tomorrow!
Elementary will not be having any on-campus electives on Thursday the 13th.
Middle School will have casual day on Thursday.
Easter Break will be April 14th – 21st. The homeschool office and library will be closed.